Sunday, January 30, 2011

Some more pics...

Oh I just realized, I didn't even talk about Thanksgiving! At least I didn't see it in my previous posts. Thanksgiving was fun. Just a few met up in Tsumeb (my shopping town) on the way to Reconnect. We cooked some pretty solid food that was the first time some people ate something other than porridge...and not the type you're thinking of. It's like really fine cous cous or something. But seriously, pop (porridge), milk and sugar in the morning and then for lunch and dinner pop, soup sauce, meat/fish and veggies (if you're really lucky). That was the diet for a lot of volunteers during phase 2. But we made up for that with our meal, which included plenty of desserts. Anyway here's a picture of the meal we cooked:



Here are some other pictures over the past few months including reconnect, Swakop, being back at home, etc.:















Yep, I biked 65km like this:






Also check Facebook! I uploaded a bunch on there! And I'll probably try to do another mass one in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment